On Sat, Jun 06, 2015 at 02:00:11PM +0530, Viranch Mehta wrote:
> Hey,
>
> One more thing: I'd also prefer to be able to add X-Forwarded-*
> headers to the proxied requests. While I don't see this possible due
> to TCP backends, is there a possible workaround?

For TCP, you can enable the proxy protocol ("send-proxy" on the server
lines), but it requires that the server supports it. Recent nginx versions
do support it now. You'd rather avoid mixing x-forwarded-for and the proxy
protocol since you'll have to pick only one on the server and you could
quickly become confused. So better just use proxy proto for both http and
spdy.