Hi Support,

I configured haproxy to forward request to backend server.
I did packet capture between browser and haproxy and noticed that
connection field in HTTP header is set to keep-alive.

Then I did packet capture between haproxy and backend server,
I noticed that connection field in HTTP header is set to close.

Could you please tell why haproxy is changing connection field
to close when sending request to backend server.

I am new to web programming. Please apologize if i did not provide
enough information. Thanks for you help in advance.

Here is my haproxy configuration,

global
    log /dev/log    local0
    log /dev/log    local1 notice
    chroot /var/lib/haproxy
    user haproxy
    group haproxy
    daemon

defaults
    log global
    mode    http
    option  httplog
    option  dontlognull
        contimeout 5000
        clitimeout 50000
        srvtimeout 50000
    errorfile 400 /etc/haproxy/errors/400.http
    errorfile 403 /etc/haproxy/errors/403.http
    errorfile 408 /etc/haproxy/errors/408.http
    errorfile 500 /etc/haproxy/errors/500.http
    errorfile 502 /etc/haproxy/errors/502.http
    errorfile 503 /etc/haproxy/errors/503.http
    errorfile 504 /etc/haproxy/errors/504.http

listen appname 0.0.0.0:8002
    mode http
    stats enable
    stats uri /haproxy?stats