On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Mitchell Gurspan
<mitch...@visualjobmatch.com> wrote:
> Hi –
>
> Would you be able to tell me if HAProxy can be used to solve the following
> problem?
>

> I host an iis 7.5) windows site on a comcast business static IP (in office).
> the internet goes down sometimes and I’d like redundancy.
>

> I cant find the proper way to add a second internet provider/static IP for
> failover when the primary line goes down.
>

> I thought maybe DNS round robin but it looks like an IIS site cannot have
> multiple bindings for this
>

> Any thoughts? Is there a standard architecture or method for Internet
> connectivity redundancy for one website on one server ? Cost is an issue.
>

> Thanks!
>

> Mitchell
>
> Visualjobmatch.com

Hi,

Simply order a couple of ADSL/cable lines from two  providers and use
route 53 to point to HAProxy.
Setup your HAProxy with 2 network interfaces (one per ISP), one
default gateway to each and setup 2 bind lines.
Then HAProxy proxifies simply request to the server.
To ensure HA over your 2 ISPs, you can use GSLB DNS services, such as
route 53 from amazon.

To know how to configure your NIC, your gateways and your HAProxy,
please read the following article:
http://blog.haproxy.com/2014/02/13/asymmetric-routing-multiple-default-gateways-on-linux-with-haproxy/

Baptiste