Hi all -

I've been tweaking our HAProxy config here, and we have a desire to slow
down (but not tarpit) requests that begin coming in at a extraordinarily
high rate.

I was looking into the 'http-{request,response} set-nice' directive, but I
can't seem to find much in the way of documentation nor people on the
Internet using it successfully. My main question is this: what exactly does
set-nice do? What priority does it influence, and when (before the frontend
processing? during front-end processing? in backend-processing but before
dispatch? etc).

I appreciate your collective wisdom. :)

--
- Andrew Hayworth