Hi.

Am 05-09-2015 03:42, schrieb thierry.fourn...@arpalert.org:
On Fri, 04 Sep 2015 22:30:08 +0200
Aleksandar Lazic <al-hapr...@none.at> wrote:

Dear Developers ;-).

Please can you tell me/us what's the status of the backend connection
pooling?

Are the specs defined?
will the connection pooling be ready for 1.6?

Hi,

In the current 1.6dev version, HAProxy can reuse open keepalive
connection between HAPrxy and the server for requests from many
clients. Look the documentation about the option "http-reuse".

https://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/snapshot/configuration-1.6.html#http-reuse

The option http-reuse with a server maxconn, have the behavior of a
pool.

Ah I see it's just arrived ;-)

http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy.git;a=commitdiff;h=d8fecee291b9d5c9884bd1a4639dd1d0cdd56f1c

Thanks for the point.

Is it planned or thought to build it in lua?

Lua is not really used for establishing connection from HAProxy to the
server. So, there are two cases:

You want to use the Socket class for establishing TCP connection. In
this case, you must write the pool management system (and
implementing the HTTP protocol).

You use the HAProxy proxy functionalities for forwarding requests to
the server. In this case, Lua benefit of all the HAProxy features. It
automatically uses the connections pool.

Thanks for explanation.

[snipp]

There is a official docker repository for haproxy

https://hub.docker.com/_/haproxy/

Is anyone from haproxy community involved into this repo?

I worked a little bit around Docker in order to create an Haproxy
Dockerfile, and my biggest problem had to provide an HAProxy package
with some specific compilations options, but without installing the
compilator in the image/container for obvious security reasons.

I don't found solution :) The only way that I found is to provide
packages in independent repo.

Well I just start with docker so I will make my experience and share it if it's wanted

Thierry

Aleks