Hi Christopher,

I applied the first two ones, but the last one seems to be doing
a lot of stuff at the same time. It's not even clear to me whether
it fixes something or improves something or does both, but the
review is quite hard. Is it possible to cut it into functional
parts ? In practice we always want to do one patch per feature or
per bug fix. If you don't think it can be easily cut by now, we
can still blindly apply it but I still don't feel at ease given
the description which seems to cover multiple aspects :-/

Thanks,