> From my reading of the code SIGUSR1 does not send a "Connection: close" to the
> client or server. This means it is not possible to safely close a keep-alive
> session, before terminating HAProxy.
>
> Would there be interest in a patch to send "Connection: close" on both the
> request and the response, once a SIGUSR1 is received?

What request/response, aren't we talking about an idle session here?

Initiating a close on the transport layer (when unencrypted) or the session
layer (when TLS encrypted) is perfectly fine [1], its also what both browser
and webservers do when they timeout an idle session.

Regards,

Lukas

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-8.1.4