Hi Susheel,

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 01:29:33AM +0530, Susheel Jalali wrote:
> Dear Willy and Lukas,
>
> Thank you for your guidance.  Upon implementing your insights, here is
> the summed up result:
>
> (1) With Willy?s patch HAProxy starts

OK thanks for confirming this.

> (2) But we have to remove listen haproxystats block, as it still cannot
> create listening socket for this listen proxy.

This is *really* strange.

> Detailed information you have requested is below without and with
> Willy?s patch.  Your further guidance to fix the item (2) above would be
> appreciated.  Thank you.

> @Willy:  HAProxy is running on two of our servers that have CentOS 7.1
> (Server1) and CentOS 7 (Server2), which support namespace.  Checked
> with: ip netns add namespace1 and then ip netns list -->This listed
> namespace1
>
> ============
> WITHOUT Willy?s patch
> ============
> @Lukas and Willy
> We installed HAPRoxy 1.5.14 and 1.6.0 on both Server1 and Server2.
> 1.5.14 starts and functions normally on both.
> 1.6.0 fails after start without creating pid.
>
> ATTACHED are strace output from running the following on the same server
> with the same configuration (including port numbers):
> HAProxy 1.5.14
> HAProxy 1.6.0

Could you please also do the same on the patched version ? The unpatched
one clearly shows the bug I fixed (ie: the socket syscall is not even
called). But with the patch we must see it and I have no idea why it
could fail at all, since it does exactly the same thing as the original
socket() call did. Do you have any option on the "bind" line of the
haproxystats listener ?

Thanks,