Pavlos,

I did mean a web service, but basically what I need is a programmatic way
to manage haproxy, and if it isn't a web service, I can always wrap it with
a web service.

My apologies for my python inexperience, so I need some clarification:
haproxyadmin is a python library that uses the stats socket provided by
haproxy, yes?
haproxytool is a python tool that uses the haproxyadmin library, yes?
haproxyadmin must be installed on the same server as haproxy, yes?
haproxytool must be installed on the same server as haproxy, yes?

--
- Ed