>>> Very good idea.
>>>
>>> Do you plan creating a git repo somewhere so people can contribute
>>> and/or create issues ?
>>>
>>> You might be interested in https://www.gitbook.com/ or
>>> https://readthedocs.org for the automated builds and the various output
>>> formats they provide.
>>>

>> I intend to create the guide with text format that works so well for the
>> original documentation. I will also use haproxy-dconv project to test html
>> version.
>>
>> I think I'll create a repo on github to start the rewrite (will be easier
>> for contribs) but when rewrite is over this guide will of course get back
>> into haproxy project.
>>

>> I did not know gitbook or readthedocs. Any other opinion on this ?
>>

>  Hi again,
>
> So gitbook format is specific (using Github markdown format) if I
> understand correctly. I'm not sure having a different format from other doc
> file in HAProxy is a good ideay ...

Hi Oliver,

very good proposal and i would like to contribute also.

I would like to see a chapter on healthchecks:

  - simple HTTP healthchecks
  - check specific applications (linux, via xinetd script)
  - check specific applications (windows, via powershell + simple webserver
(HttpListener))
  - tcp healtchecks (cleartext protocols)
  - tcp healtchecks (binary protocols)
  - how do you “chain” healthchecks  or create healtcheck dependencies

Best Regards,

Bjoern