> Well, you will have to update the first config line in nginx:
> set_real_ip_from fc00::/7
>
> To allow proxy connection from the ULA range.

Already done.

> As to the original problem:
> I don't think you can use both SSL and non-SSL on the same port (8443).
>
> The non-SSL server block should have a dedicated port, otherwise nginx
> will never know what to expect (SSL vs non-SSL, proxy or not proxy).

Both listen directives on port 8443 uses SSL.
With Nginx, listening options must be specified on only one "listen"
directive for each address:port combination.

So the "listen 10.0.80.1:8443" directive inherit parameters from
"listen 10.0.80.1:8443 default_server ssl proxy_protocol"

--
Jonathan Leroy
http://www.inikup.com/