I am new to HAProxy, and am responsible for analyzing the security of our
instance.

Q.  Will the last config file overwrite the first config file?

In our environment, we have multiple config files.  Different teams manage
different aspects of the environment, and so maintain their own config files.
The directory tree looks like this:

/etc/haproxy/

                | - haproxy.cfg
                |
                | -conf.d/
                                | - conf1.conf
                                | - conf2.conf
                                | - etc.

When the haproxy service is started, it does properly read all of the config
files.  In haproxy.cfg we have a defaults section.  Assume that the global
section is properly configured.

defaults
                log global
                option httplog
                other keywords

If conf1.conf were to contain its own defaults section, which conflicted with
haproxy.conf, e.g.,

defaults
                log global
                option tcplog

Would the conf1.conf defaults section overwrite the defaults section in
haproxy.cfg?

Thanks,

Ed