Dear Jonathan,

Am 27-01-2016 21:58, schrieb Jonathan Leroy - Inikup:

I see this possible ways

.) http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_realip_module.html
.)
http://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/configuration-1.6.html#4.2-http-request
    set-src

maybe both

I use TCP mode, so I can't use layer 7 features.

Well I missed this in your original post.

Also usesrc requires transparent proxying, which I can't enable for
various reasons.

How about to tell us a little bit more about your setup.

haproxy version
relevant part of config
a small ascii art from your setup and protocols ;-)

But still have you take a look into the nginx link?

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_realip_module.html#real_ip_header

for example

set_real_ip_from <YOUR_HAPPROXY_IP_range>;
real_ip_header CF-Connecting-IP;

Just for my curiosity why do you add on top of haproxy a further instanze and can't you terminate the CF-LB direct to nginx?!

BR
Aleks

PS: Ah and a nginx -V would also help ;-)