> > Ok, when you say CPU usage double do you mean the CPU usage after
> > a reload/restart, or do you mean CPU usage in general (even after not
> > reloading haproxy)?
> > CPU is at 100% just after reload for more than 30s (was a few seconds
> > before) and then CPU usage stays doubled all the time.
>
> Ok, so it looks like resumption doesn't work at all with TLS tickets.
>
> Are you sure the haproxy reload works fine - no old haproxy instances
> run in the background serving obsolete TLS keys?

Yes, I'm sure.

> There have been some bugs with reloading haproxy, fixed in 1.6.4.

I recompiled HAProxy with latest version and OpenSSL 1.0.2g.

I activated tls-ticket and CPU usage doubled again.
I tried a reload then, and CPU stays stable.

So at least the reload problem with CPU at 100% seems resolved. But I do
not understand why using TLS-tickets is using so much more CPUs (I hoped it
would be "slightly" higher, not doubled).

BTW, servers are 2x Intel Xeon L5630  @ 2.13GHz and certificates issued are
all SHA256RSA.
I will use ECDSA certificates in the future, I was just waiting for
transparent support of ECDSA/RSA certificates in HAProxy (done in 1.7, just
waiting for the stable release on this).

> If thats not it, and no old haproxy instances are present after the
> reload, could you compile Vincent's rfc5077-client from [1]:

Output can be find here :
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/6ec7c863f497cfd849a4
(HTTP 500 error is normal, as you are using HEAD / HTTP/1.0 and our web
servers require a Host header)

Olivier