Hello Lukas,

On 4/4/2016 8:56 PM, Lukas Tribus wrote:
> Hi Nenad,
>

>> I suggest you try reverting commit 7610073a. I have exhibited very
>> similar issues and everything points to this commit (which was Willy's
>> first suspect).
>
> So I assume this affects 1.6 and 1.7-dev as well, the bug is not
> specific to the
> 1.5 backport, right?

I am not sure, as I haven't even be able to reliably reproduce it on 1.5
(though we are running with some backports from 1.6) as it seems to be
traffic-pattern related. On one workload I exhibit instant and constant
jump in CPU usage (from 40% to 80-100%, about 50:50 sys:usr), but on
other, there are just some very short spikes to 100%.

That being said, I haven't been able to devote any time to debugging
this. There are specific workloads where this commit improves
performance, so I don't think simply reverting that is an option
(although the gain on those is 15-20%, while the loss here is much more).

Regards,
Nenad