On 29 Apr 2016 06:55, "Willy Tarreau" <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 04:37:04PM +0200, Erwin Schliske wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > for some of our services requests pass haproxy twice. As we have set the
> > global option unique-id-header this header is added twice.
[snip]

> I don't know what could cause this. Would you happen to have it in a
> defaults section maybe, with your traffic passing through a frontend
> and a backend ? If that's what causes it, I think we have a mistake
> in the implementation and should ensure it's done only once, just like
> x-forwarded-for.

I /think/ you're talking at slight cross-porpoises!

My reading of the OP is that when a request comes in to a frontend/listener
with the configured unique-Id header already present, then a second UID
header is added.

My reading of your post, Willy, is that this would be a bug (which might
suggest why unique-id-header isn't ACL-able?). But I may have misunderstood
- you may be talking solely about when a request crosses a frontend/backend
boundary, and not when the request comes in the front door anew (even if it
was, as per the OP, a request coming back in directly from a backend).

Am I right, both? I only ask because this has bugged me slightly in the
past, and it'd be great to clear up the definition of the UID header
option: When enabled, is the header's addition predicated on its initial
absence?