On 5 May 2016 at 23:27, Igor Cicimov <ig...@encompasscorporation.com> wrote:

> On 5 May 2016 10:39 pm, "Hector Rivas Gandara"
> <hector.rivas.gand...@digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk> wrote:
> > > https://jve.linuxwall.info/ressources/taf/haproxy-aws/
> > Thank you for your answer, but this article describes a configuration where
> > the ELB is setup in plain TCP mode
> (no SSL), so it does not do reencryption but passes the stream to HAProxy.
> >
> > But my case is  different ELB terminates SSL and opens a SSL connection to
> > backend (see my original mail).
>
> Maybe you should think then why do you need tproxy at all.

I am not sure what you refer with 'tproxy' but:

 * If 'tproxy' is ELB, as said: We want to use ELB because they
scalability and HA features provided by AWS, SSL  terminatation and to
restrict access to the end user certificates to only some specific
roles.

 * If 'tproxy' is HAProxy, we want to use use HAProxy to be able to do
some HTTP request rewriting.

 * If 'tproxy' is ELB in TCP/SSL mode, rather than HTTP/HTTPS mode, we
need that because we must support websockets, and ELB does not support
websockets.

Thx

--
Regards