Hi!

I haven't found anything about this topic anywhere so I was hoping someone in the mailinglist has done this in the past :)

We are at the size where we need to round-robin tcp balance our incoming web traffic with pf to two haproxy servers both running with nbproc 28 for http load balancing, however, this leads to 56 healthchecks being done each second against our web nodes which hammers them quite hard.

How exactly are you guys solving this issue? Because at this size, the healthchecks kind of starts eating more cpu than they are helpful.

--
Daniel Ylitalo
System & Network manager

about.mytaste.com <http://about.mytaste.com>

"Experience is something you earn just right after you screwed up and were really in need of it"