Adding Vincent here, as he maintains the Debian package.

On 7/19/2016 2:21 PM, Albert Casademont wrote:
> Makes sense, I assumed that the Debian package was compiled with that
> option by default...it's a PITA that it is not, do you think this is
> something to be reported to the maintainers of the package?

I am in favor of this change, especially since there are command line
and configuration options to disable gai() even though it is enabled
during build time.

That being said, this change could break current configurations in such
a way that IPv6 starts being used over IPv4, leading to backends not
being available or silently breaking (RPAF/mod_realip or MySQL grants
don't get updated are the first breakages that come to mind)

Regards,
Nenad