On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 09:56:48PM +0200, Pavlos Parissis wrote:
> On 20/07/2016 08:57 ????, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > Hi Pavlos,
> >
> > On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 09:43:24PM +0200, Pavlos Parissis wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> www.haproxy.org needs some love as the last update on 'Quick news' section
> >> was on April 13th and mentions older releases.
> >
> > Yes I know and I'm sad about it. We've fixed so many bugs that it's hard
> > to emit a synthetized changelog in a few minutes, which is hardly what I
> > have available to update it on each release :-(
> >
> > Any suggestion is welcome.
> >

> copy-paste from your ANNOUNCE mail which is very verbose:-), just skip
> the part with links.

That's what I used to do but found it takes quite some time because I want
to keep the details on the ML since usually these versions address some
issues people have been reporting here and working on. But on the web site
we want something less detailed.

> You could adjust announce-release script. If the site is a git repo then you
> can
> automate the whole process:-)

That's what I'm doing now, and it definitely helps. But the difficulty is to
find this contigous time every time :-(