Hi Tobias,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 04:24:51PM +0200, Tobias Vau wrote:
> > The detailed session state would be needed. You can have it by either
> > requesting "show sess <id>" ex "show sess 0x7fd3aaa28040" below, or
> > by issuing "show sess all" which will dump them all (much more useful
> > as it allows us to validate a theory across other sessions).
>
> I expected, that you'll ask for these, so I also saved them at that time and
> will forward them in private.

Thanks!

> From what I saw on multiple occurences of these conditions, that it seemded to
> be the case, that there were always mobile internet connections involved in
> this - but this could of course just be unrelated coincidence.

OK so as a guess we should indeed expect the client to time out first to
help reproduce this case.

> > The problem I've been facing was how to reproduce the condition. If you
> > manage to reproduce it within a minute or so at 10 cps, it would be very
> > useful to also take a tcpdump capture in parallel of the traffic between
> > the client and haproxy and the traffic between haproxy and the server.
> > That will help understand what traffic sequence triggers the issue and
> > possibly what headers if any is involved. It also allows to eliminate
> > some theories based on the configuration.
>
> The test system I had, is already put into production (without the problematic
> settings activated). As I already experienced the problems with only a less
> important sub-domain routed over that haproxy-instance, I'll try to setup
> a second clone of the instance. I just need some spare hours, to re-route that
> specific sub-domain over the new clone again and log as much as possible.

Oh I understand the problems, don't worry!

> As I do not know in advance, which client would cause the fulty conditions,
> would two separate multi-minute tcpdumps of
>
>   1) all client traffic to the loadbalancer IP
>   2) all haproxy traffic to the backend
>
> still be useful to you? They could then still at least be filtered for one
> client IP that owns such a faulty session.

Definitely! That would be great!

> > You need to be fully aware that this will disclose a lot of private
> > information so you definitely don't want to post this here. You may want
> > to follow up with an anonymized example of a show sess if you want, and/or
> > with any possibly relevant new information.
>
> As this single subdomain is only used for delivering some banner images, the
> privacy concerns for giving out the dumps would also be lessened a lot. I'd of
> course still send these dumps in private.

Yes that's preferable. As much as I would like to dig through this type
of stuff publicly, we're always confronted to the same issue of disclosing
real traffic and that's not nice.

Thanks!