Hello Veiko,

Am 08.09.2016 um 13:11 schrieb Veiko Kukk:
Yes, turned out, build box had newer pcre installed (7 vs 8 major version). Compiling pcre statically solved that error/problem.

Good to hear. If you link against a shared library, you will have to make sure they match in major versions (same OS), otherwise you will have major problems with it (OpenSSL major release differences also lead to haproxy crashes). If you link statically to a library, you have to remember to upgrade the library and recompile haproxy, if the library has a vulnerability.

Means that haproxy -vv reported "Built with PCRE version" version wrong previously. That confused me.

This returns the output of pcre_version() and yes, the text should be renamed to "Running with PCRE version", because the runtime library returns the version in this case.

BTW: openssl version is also reported wrong by haproxy -vv.

OpenSSL informations on the other hand should be correct. "Built with" returns the build time OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT and "Running on" makes the library return the version ("SSLeay_version(SSLEAY_VERSION)"). There is really no interpretation going on at haproxy level.

Not sure why you would see different "Running on" informations on the same box, pointing to the same libssl and libcrypto library in the ldd output. That doesn't make sense to me.

Lukas