Hi Mariusz,

Mariusz Gronczewski wrote:
> we've come to the point when we have to start using nbproc > 1 (mostly
> because going SSL-only in coming months) and as I understand I have
> to bind each process to separate admin socket and then repeat every
> command for each process, and in case of stats also sum up the
> counters.

For statistics, there exists a LUA script you can use in HAProxy which
aggregates the statistics of multiple processes. See
http://www.arpalert.org/haproxy-scripts.html#stats

As for socket commands, often you can circumenvent the whole issue by
applying a multi-stage architecture where you have several "dumb"
processes just terminating SSL and forwarding the plain-text traffic to
a single HAProxy processes which performs all of the actual
loadbalancing rules.

With clever bind-process rules and by using send-proxy-v2 this is pretty
workable. Often, there is then no need for close introspection of the
frontend-processes anymore, nor is there a need to send socket commands
to them since they always send all their traffic to haproy anyway

Best,
Holger