❦ 28 décembre 2016 10:56 +0100, Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> :

>> > Would it be possible to queue this patch as well for the next 1.5 (if
>> > any)?
>> >
>> > commit c6ca1aa34dd0e3999943c9a8754f447730b7563d
>> > Author: Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>
>> > Date:   Thu Oct 8 11:32:32 2015 +0200
>> >
>> >     MEDIUM: init: support more command line arguments after pid list
>> >
>> >     Given that all command line arguments start with a '-' and that
>> >     no pid number can start with this character, there's no constraint
>> >     to make the pid list the last argument. Let's relax this rule.
>> >
>> > This would enable to use the same init scripts for both 1.5 and 1.6.
>>
>> On the other hand, this is not really useful without a088d316. So, maybe
>> don't introduce another bug because of me and leave 1.5 as is. :)
>
> Well, neither of them are hard to backport, so this is something we can
> consider. However I'm making a difference between end-users requests and
> maintainers' convenience. If you think it would really be useful to end
> users one way or another, or if it solves some trouble you're facing
> with the package maintenance, let's backport them. If it's just to keep
> a single script to maintain, I think the benefit is low enough to avoid
> a backport. Just let me know what you prefer, I'm fine with both
> options.

I got caught by syncing SysV init script from 1.6 with 1.5. For my own
convenience, only c6ca1aa is needed. But I think that I won't be caught
again by this since the only diff is the argument order. I should be
able to remember why this is like that! So, no need from me.
--
Many pages make a thick book.