Hi Simon,

On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 09:37:24AM +0100, Simon Horman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this short series is an RFC implementation of adding JSON format
> output to show (info|stat). It also adds a new show schema json
> stats command to allow retreival of the schema which describes
> the JSON output of show (info|stat).
(...)

Thanks for this. I'm seeing in stats_emit_json_field_tags() that
you have to emit the names of the various types, scopes, etc...
I think this is the reason why you mention in patch 1 that it needs
to be updated if the structure evolves. Probably that we should put
these fields in an array declared just next to the enums. This way
the declaration will be a bit more centralized.

> Some areas for possible discussion:
> * Use of STAT_STARTED in first patch
> * Possible automatic generation of (part) of schema in 2nd patch
> * Improved documentation

For now I don't see anything there which needs further discussion, and
nobody commented on your patches either, possibly indicating you're on
the right track. If you want I can merge this series, it will be easier
for you to update it later using incremental patches.

> Some discussion of the size of JSON output is included as an appendix
> to the changelog of the first patch.

I'd prefer to integrate this with your commit message because it's quite
useful as-is.

Just let me know if you want the series to get merged or if you prefer
to respin it.

Thanks,