Hi Brian,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 02:08:39AM +0000, Brian Glogower wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that after upgrading to haproxy v1.7.1, haproxy returning 400s
> for certain requests that include the HTTP Authorization header. The
> following is the output from 'show errors'. I am not seeing this behavior
> with haproxy v1.5 or v1.6.

We've found this nasty regression that I introduced late in 1.7, it's
now fixed in the devel branch and in the latest 1.7 snapshots. I'm now
working on collecting and backporting all the latest fixes we need to
emit a new 1.7 release.

In fact the issue you faced is worse, you'll randomly get some invalid
requests when requests come in multiple packets, it's just that
authorization requests increase the likeliness that they appear under
low traffic.

In the mean time you can deploy the latest snapshot, but I hope to be
able to issue 1.7.2 today (keeping fingers crossed).