On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 01:41:27PM +0200, Ciprian Dorin Craciun wrote:
> Unfortunately a lot of these sites have hard-coded resources with the
> `www` alternative domain and HTTP-only.  Therefore at least until we
> rewrite those (which given their low-value might be delayed forever),
> we'll end up with a lot of redirects (10-20 redirects first page
> view), and because the close behaviour of HAProxy, we end up with a
> lot of short-lived connections.  (This is not so much a load issue, as
> it is a page load latency issue due to the TCP connection
> establishment overhead.)

I didn't think about that case, it definitely makes sense. In fact I
mostly focused on first redirection without thinking about systematic
redirection caused by a migration (for example). Now I'm starting to
think that we should never close by default and that we should change
this behaviour as it's counter-intuitive.

I don't know what others think.