>Just to be sure, here there is a typo error. You meant "HTML is
compressed", right ?

No, it was not compressed with Haproxy 1.6. AFAIK compression is
automatically disabled for chunked responses in Haproxy <1.7 -
https://bogomips.org/rainbows-public/cd8781d3-288b-4b61-85ed-16b8b15a9...@gmail.com/.
At least it corresponds with behavior I saw... Also Haproxy 1.7 changelog
says "MAJOR: http: re-enable compression on chunked encoding".

>if possible, it could be helpful to have tcpdump of data exchanged between
HAProxy and your backends

I can't do it on existing staging, because it constantly receives some
requests and I am not that good at tcpdump to filter 1 request.