Thanks for the insight from both of you..

I have spent couple of hours browsing through the code and realized
that even if async io would be possible in PSK callback, I would have
really hard time wrap my head around it. The learning curve is just
too steep (not to mention post-implementation maintenance of that
patch). Right now, the solution to replace the file and reload haproxy
sounds more feasible.

> BTW, in the thread about the TLS-PSK support, it was suggested to use a map
> to handle identities. When it will be done, it will be possible to
> dynamically update the map.

I will be following haproxy development for any news in this regard.

Thanks,

Brano Zarnovican