> Am 03.03.2017 um 15:07 schrieb David King <king.c.da...@googlemail.com>:
>
> Hi All
>
> Hoping someone will be able to help, we're running a bit of an interesting
> setup
>
> we have 3 HAProxy nodes running freebsd 11.0 , each host runs 4 jails, each
> running haproxy, but only one of the jails is under any real load

Do you use ZFS?

We have an internal software (some sort of monitoring agent) that also hangs in
jails, from time to time.

The guy who wrote it found out it’s because of mmap (I don’t know the
specifics).

The processes end up as unkillable in „D“ state and we need to reboot the hosts
to fix it.

As the purpose of the hosts is not to run the agent, we usually let it hang and
restart when it’s convenient.

The systems are FreeBSD 10.3, though (running nginx and varnish in different
jails).