Hi Bryan,

Le 16/03/2017 à 00:52, Bryan Talbot a écrit :

On Mar 15, 2017, at Mar 15, 4:44 PM, Cyril Bonté <cyril.bo...@free.fr> wrote:

Several use cases may accept to abruptly close the connections when the
instance is stopping instead of waiting for timeouts to happen.
This option allows to specify a grace period which defines the maximum
time to spend to perform a soft-stop (occuring when SIGUSR1 is
received).

With this global option defined in the configuration, once all connections are
closed or the grace time is reached, the instance will quit.

Most of the other settings for time-limits include the word “timeout”. Maybe
“timeout grace”, “timeout shutdown”, “timeout exit” or something is more
consistent with other configuration options?

Thanks for raising that point. The choice was intended and may be subject to discussion.

timeout keywords are (most of them, except maybe "timeout mail") defined in defaults/frontend/backend/listen sections, whereas this one is in the global one. I wanted to clearly differentiate that timeout to prevent some misconfigurations.

But I'm definitely not closed to add a "timeout" prefix. Also, I was not very decided about the "grace" name but I didn't spend a lot of time to write the patch (hence the [RFC] tag ;-)). You suggested "timeout shutdown", this one may be a better choice, indeed.

--
Cyril Bonté