Hi Pavlos,

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 01:02:55PM +0200, Pavlos Parissis wrote:
> I also believe that it should be backported at least to 1.7 version[1].
> It makes the output more clear and squeaks only the relevant bad config lines.

Thanks for your feedback!

> [1] IMHO: Users of 1.5 version should upgrade to 1.7, I don't see
> any valid reason to stay on 1.5. From my personal experience I can tell
> that 1.7 version is a rock solid release.

It really depends on each user's level of expectation. Those willing to
"deploy and forget" will more easily go with 1.6 or 1.5 than 1.7 which
will still receive some important fixes for a while. However backporting
the above fix only to 1.7 adds another incentive for upgrading and at the
same time maintains the principle of least surprise for older versions so
that's probably a good tradeoff.

thanks!