Hi Pavlos,

On Sun, May 07, 2017 at 12:05:28AM +0200, Pavlos Parissis wrote:
[...]
> Ignore ignore what I wrote, I am an idiot I am an idiot as I forgot the most
> important bit of the test, to enable the seamless reload by suppling the
> HAPROXY_STATS_SOCKET environment variable:-(
>
> I added to the systemd overwrite file:
> [Service]
> Environment=CONFIG="/etc/lb_engine/haproxy.cfg"
> "HAPROXY_STATS_SOCKET=/run/lb_engine/process-1.sock"
>
> and wrk2 reports ZERO errors where with HAPEE reports ~49.
>
> I am terrible sorry for this stupid mistake.
>
> But, this mistake revealed something interesting. The fact that with the
> latest
> code we have more errors during reload.
>
> @Olivier, great work dude. I am waiting for this to be back-ported to
> HAPEE-1.7r1.
>
> Once again I am sorry for my mistake,
> Pavlos

Thanks a lot for testing !
This is interesting indeed. My patch may make it worse when not passing
fds via the unix socket, as all processes now keep all sockets opened, even
the one they're not using, maybe it make the window between the last
accept and the close bigger.
If that is so, then the global option "no-unused-socket" should provide
a comparable error rate.

Regards,

Olivier