On 06/16/2017 03:20 PM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 03:10:56PM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
Hi Veiko,

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 01:41:14PM +0300, Veiko Kukk wrote:
So I have more info on this now. Veiko, first, I'm assuming that your config
was using "resolvers dns_resolvers" on the "server" line, otherwise resolvers
are not used.

My real world configs use resolvers, but timeouts happen even when resolver
was not used anywhere.

Wow then that's super strange, as by definition they are not even triggered
in this case!

I'm just realizing that it's very similar to the bug that Fred fixed here :

    https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg26040.html

Ah, yes I remember this one. Calling close() in place of fd_delete() (which calls close()) puts a big mess in the fd cache for pollers. So not only on BSD systems ;)