Hi,

A blog article about hot reloading configurations.

https://www.clever-cloud.com/blog/engineering/2017/07/24/hot-reloading-configuration-why-and-how/

This company was using haproxy, and because of reloading configuration problems, among other aspects, they switch to their home made open sourced http reverse proxy.

Please, do not debate about C vs rust vs whatever or their choice to no longer use haproxy, keep this thread readable, my concerns here is _only_ about hot reloading configuration and haproxy.

Recent changes ( reloading improvements, basic dns resolver ) seems to go this way, but AFAIK we still cannot manage frontends, backends, and many other configuration aspects using the admin socket.

So, what about haproxy and high frequency full/partial hot reconfiguration ?

Stéphane