Hello

Basically what I need is when I browse /service/ws to use client certificate
authentication otherwise for everything else to use normal ssl termination
This configuration was validated by haproxy and it told that it was correct and
it works but not with Firefox and google chrome.

Please help me with some suggestion cause I really need to make this work

Regards
Peter
> On 24 Aug 2017, at 19:18, Yann Cézard <ycez...@viareport.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> There are several things which looks really wrong in your config.
>
> Are you sure this configuration is validated by haproxy ? Or did you only
> reload
> and it in facts still uses the old conf ?
>
> On 24/08/2017 15:48, Keresztes Péter-Zoltán wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Sorry I was confused about what the client wanted. First I thought hat they
>> want to talk ssl with the backend but they actually want a client
>> certificate authentication. I have modified my haproxy.cfg with the
>> following configurations:
>>
>> [...]
>> frontend  http-in
>>     bind 10.0.0.2:80
>>     redirect scheme https code 301 if !{ ssl_fc }
>> frontend  https-in
>>     bind 10.0.0.2:443 ssl crt /etc/ssl/certs/veracityid.com.crt
>>     mode http
> That part looks wrong :
>>     acl client_ssl path_beg /service/ws
>>     redirect location https://10.0.0.2/service/ws
>> <https://10.0.0.2/service/ws> if client_ssl
> It looks like a redirect loop to me.
Probably but I couldn’t think at anything else on how to force the haproxy to
use the client certificate when that path is used.

>>     default_backend idfusion_all
>> frontend apidev
>>     bind 10.0.0.2:443 ssl crt /etc/ssl/certs/veracityid.com.crt ca-file
>> /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt verify required
> => you defined two times the same ip:port, how HAProxy is supposed to know
> which one the user is asking for ?
> I would be surprised if it doesn't throw an error with such a configuration.
Don’t know if this supposed to work or not but it’s actually working