Hi Aleks,

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 02:32:53AM +0000, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> Maybe my client is crap but  I see the patches inline.
> Please can you be so kind and create a patch file which is attached to the
> mail.

Well, inline patches are not a problem, they apply well (it's even the
original git way of doing it).

Tim, I'll discuss this with William. I'm a bit embarrassed with taking
this change right now while everyone is still working on fixing existing
issues. We may possibly end up postponing it for 1.9 and then backporting
it to existing versions once properly validated, or merging it anyway but
reverting it at the first problem report.

In the mean time, since you mentionned that building without USE_SYSTEMD
could cause problems, I think the unit file needs to at least get some
comments to indicate the values to use depending on the build options.
Also I don't know what systemd versions are found in field, but to be
honnest I don't feel much comfortable with the possibility that users
easily get the wrong unit file for their build options or the wrong
build options for their system, I already predict some reports here.
Maybe two distinct unit files should be provided, and instead of naming
the option "USE_SYSTEMD", it should be named "USE_SD_NOTIFY" to make it
clear what it implies ?

Thanks!