On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 11:19:41AM +0100, William Lallemand wrote:
> I don't like the idea of the "daemon" keyword being ignored,

We already do that with -D which ignores "debug" for example. The command
line purposely has precedence over the config.

> however, we could
> exit with an error when we try to start with -Ws + -D or daemon.

Errors only cause gray hair to users, especially when they concern stuff
that can be automatically recovered from. We could definitely consider
that -Ws automatically implies MODE_FOREGROUND which will do exactly
what -db does, but without having to think about it. After all, "-Ws"
is "master-worker mode with systemd awareness" so it makes sense not
to background in this case.