On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 04:27:16PM +0100, Christopher Faulet wrote:
> Honestly, I don't know which version is the best.

Just let me know guys :-)

> Email alerts should
> probably be rewritten to not use the checks. This was the only solution to
> do connections by hand when Simon implemented it. That's not true anymore.

I agree and I think I was the one asking Simon to do it like this by then
eventhough he didn't like this solution. That was an acceptable tradeoff
in my opinion, with very limited impact on existing code. Now with applets
being much more flexible we could easily reimplement a more complete and
robust SMTP engine not relying on hijacking the tcp-check engine anymore.