From: lu...@ltri.eu <lu...@ltri.eu> on behalf of Lukas Tribus <lu...@ltri.eu>
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 10:51:01 PM
To: Lucas Rolff
Cc: haproxy@formilux.org
Subject: Re: HTTP/2 Termination vs. Firefox Quantum

Hello Lucas,

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Lucas Rolff <lu...@lucasrolff.com> wrote:
> Can't even compose an email correctly..
>
> So:
>
> I experience the same issue however with nginx as a backend.
>
> I tried enabling “option httplog” within my frontend, it's rather easy for
> me to replicate, it affects a few percent of the traffic.

So you have this html endpoint and you hit F5 in FF Quantum until you
can see the issue or how is it that you actually reproduce? Does this
occur in a idle test environment as well, or do you need production
traffic to hit this issue?

> I have a site, with a total of 3 requests being performed:
>
> -  The HTML itself
> - 1 app.css file
> - 1 app.js file

Please clarify:

- if any of those responses are cached (or if they are uncachable) and
if they use any kind of revalidation (If-modified-since --> 304)
- if any of those files are compressed, by haproxy or nginx, and which
compression is used
- the exact uncompressed content-length of each of those responses
- the exact client OS
- is Quantum a 32 or 64 bit executable on the client?
- is haproxy a 32 or 64 bit executable?
- can you run this repro in debug mode on show the output when the issue occurs?
- RTT and bandwidth between server and client (race conditions may
depend on specific network performance - not every issue is
reproducible on localhost)
- confirm that FF sandboxing is not affecting this issue by lowering
security.sandbox.content.level to 2 or 0 in about:config (then restart
FF) - don't forget to turn it back on

Thanks,
Lukas