Hello,

On 15 February 2018 at 13:42, Bernard Spil <br...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hello HAProxy maintainers,
>
> https://github.com/Sp1l/haproxy/tree/20180215-fix-no-NPN
>
> Fix build with OpenSSL without NPN capability
>
> OpenSSL can be built without NEXTPROTONEG support by passing
> -no-npn to the configure script. This sets the
> OPENSSL_NO_NEXTPROTONEG flag in opensslconf.h
>
> Since NEXTPROTONEG is now considered deprecated, it is superseeded
> by ALPN (Application Layer Protocol Next), HAProxy should allow
> building withough NPN support.
>
> Git diff attached for your consideration.

Please don't remove npn config parsing (no ifdefs in "ssl_bind_kw
ssl_bind_kws" and "bind_kw_list bind_kws"). ssl_bind_parse_npn returns
a fatal configuration error when npn is configured and the library
doesn't support it.

"library does not support TLS NPN extension" is a better error message
than something like "npn is not a valid keyword".

Otherwise I agree, thanks for the patch!

cheers,
lukas