Hello,

On 8 March 2018 at 06:36, Moomjian, Chad <cmoomj...@outmatch.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the information, Lukas. I'm confused why this is not a default
> option though. Can you think of a time when you would ever want the exact
> same binding in multiple places in the config?

noreuseport is not something that reads the configuration and applies
some kind of heuristics for such errors, what it does is that it makes
haproxy NOT set the SO_REUSEPORT [1] socket option.

SO_REUSEPORT is useful because it permits faster and (depending on
more factors) hitless reloads. Other than that an important use-case
is to have the kernel load-balance between different sockets on
different CPU cores for scalability reasons.

Lukas

[1] https://lwn.net/Articles/542629/