On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 08:22:04AM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 09:11:47AM +0300, Slawa Olhovchenkov wrote:
> > > Try 1.8.8, it contains the kqueue fix.
> >
> > Work (kqueue), nice!
>
> Excellent, thanks for your feedback!

Thank for fix!

> > Average load same as for multiprocess, but load of distinct CPU from
> > 0.06 to 0.39. Is this normal or expected?
>
> It can depend on your workload. There is *always* a small overhead
> incured by thread synchronization that doesn't exist between processes,
> but the ability to share certain elements can sometimes be beneficial
> as well (eg: shared cache in CPU).

Hmm, may be I am nor clean.
In process mode all 8 CPU have load 0.18. In thread mode summary
average load still about 0.18, but distinct CPU load now different:

0: 0.13
1: 0.15
2: 0.07
3: 0.40
4: 0.23
5: 0.33
6: 0.16
7: 0.15

Average (0.20) is about same as 0.18 (rised by more users now)

> If you run at high connection rates (tens of connections per second) on
> 8+ threads, the cost of locking starts to be quite visible. That's where
> we know that threads scale less than processes (and what we're improving
> in 1.9). But the as long as you have some idle time, threads are much more
> convenient to use (single stats, checks, tables etc) and should be preferred.

connection rate 1900/s
session rate 1900/s
request rate 5200/s