Von: Hoggins! <hogg...@wheres5.com>
Gesendet: 30. April 2018 16:53:58 MESZ
An: haproxy@formilux.org
Betreff: Re: Switch from http mode to tcp mode at will

Hi,

Le 30/04/2018 à 16:35, Aleksandar Lazic a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> Am 30.04.2018 um 16:11 schrieb Hoggins!:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I have a case where I would like HAProxy to "get out of the way" if a
>> certain pattern is detected in a HTTP request. In that particular case,
>> I would like to select a TCP backend over an HTTP one if the conditions
>> are met.
>> But I'm not sure if it's feasible or even if it's the correct practice
>> for my case.
> Something similar like websockets?
>
> https://www.haproxy.com/blog/websockets-load-balancing-with-haproxy/

I've tried that, actually, but HAProxy won't let me specify "mode tcp"
in the selected backend, as I apparently can't mix a "mode http" in the
frontend (or in globals) and a "mode tcp" in a backend selected by
"use_backend". That would have been my best shot, actually.

I think I'm missing something else in my whole setup, some things are
not clear, thanks for the help anyway !