On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 04:14:34PM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>  ❦ 22 juin 2018 22:03 +0200, Vincent Bernat <vinc...@bernat.im> :
>
> > Without this patch, when killing the master process, the SIGTERM
> > signal is forwarded to all children. Last children will likely exit
> > with "killed by signal SIGTERM" status which would be converted by an
> > exit with status 143 of the master process.
> >
> > With this patch, the master process takes note it is requesting its
> > children to stop and will convert "killed by signal SIGTERM" to an
> > exit status of 0. Therefore, the master process will exit with status
> > 0 if everything happens as expected.
>
> I think this patch may have slipped through the cracks!
> --

Hi Vincent,

Sorry I forgot to reply to this mail. I'm currently reworking the code of the
master so I don't want to rebase everything on top of your patch :-)

Maybe we could take your first patch for the unit file and backport it in 1.8,
and then make the appropriate changes for 1.9 once the master was redesigned.

What do you think?

--
William Lallemand