On 07/25/2018 03:05 PM, Veiko Kukk wrote:
The idea here is that HAproxy statistics page, some other backend statistics and also some remote health checks running against path under /dl/ would always reach only local_http_frontend, never go anywhere else even when local really is down, not just marked as down.

This config does not work, it forwards /haproxy?stats request to remote_http_frontend when local_http_frontend is really down.

Is it expected? Any ways to overcome this limitation?

I wonder if my question was too stupid or was just left unnoticed by someone who knows how force-persist is supposed to be working.

Meanwhile I've created workaround by adding additional config sections and having use_backend ACL instead of use_server ACL to achieve what was needed.

regards,
Veiko