Sorry to be a nag, but anyone any ideas with this. Or is it just indicated to
regularly parse log files (seems a bit of a hacky solution).
Thanks!

From: Franks Andy (IT Technical Architecture Manager)
[mailto:andy.fra...@sath.nhs.uk]
Sent: 21 September 2018 13:20
To: haproxy@formilux.org
Subject: LUA and doing things

Hi all,
  Just hopefully a really quick question.. I would like to use LUA to, on
connection use of a specific backend service, do something (like write an entry
to a log file for example). I realise the example here is possibly locking etc
but I'm not too worried at this point about that.
LUA seems, with my basic knowledge, to expect to do something to the traffic -
for example I have this :

frontend test_84
  bind 0.0.0.0:84
  mode http
  default_backend bk_test_84

backend bk_test_84
  mode http
  stick on src table connections_test_84
  server localhost 127.0.0.1:80

I have a working lua script to do something like core.Alert("hello world").
The thing I would like to do is run this script without any effect on traffic -
if I try and use 'http-request' or 'stick on' or similar keywords which can use
lua scripts, they want me to program in some action that decides what criteria
to stick on or what to do with that http-request. I just want something to
"fire" and do nothing but run the lua script and carry on. Can I do it?
Please forgive my noobiness.

Thanks
Andy