Hi Willy,
Op 30-9-2018 om 20:38 schreef Willy Tarreau:
On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 08:22:23PM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 07:59:34PM +0200, PiBa-NL wrote:
Indeed it works with 1.8, so in that regard i 'think' the test itself is
correct.. Also when disabling threads, or running only 1 client, it still
works.. Then both CumConns CumReq show 11 for the first stats result.
Hmmm for me it fails even without threads. That was the first thing I
tried when meeting the error in fact. But I need to dig deeper.
So I'm seeing that in fact the count is correct if the server connection
closes first, and wrong otherwise. In fact it fails similarly both for
1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 with and without threads. I'm seeing that the
connection count is exactly 10 times the incoming connections while the
request count is exactly 20 times this count. I suspect that what happens
is that the request count is increased on each connection when preparing
to receive a new request. This even slightly reminds me something but
I don't know where I noticed something like this, I think I saw this
when reviewing the changes needed to be made to HTTP for the native
internal representation.

So I think it's a minor bug, but not a regression.

Thanks,
Willy

Not sure, only difference between 100x FAILED and 100x OK is the version here. Command executed and result below.

Perhaps that's just because of the OS / Scheduler used though, i assume your using some linux distro to test with, perhaps that explains part of the differences between your and my results.. In the end it doesn't matter much if its a bug or a regression still needs a fix ;). And well i don't know if its just the counter thats wrong, or there might be bigger consequences somewhere. if its just the counter then i guess it wouldn't hurt much to postpone a fix to a next (dev?) version.

Regards,

PiBa-NL (Pieter)

root@freebsd11:/usr/ports/net/haproxy-devel # varnishtest -q -n 100 -j 16 -k ./haproxy_test_OK_20180831/loadtest/b00000-loadtest.vtc
#    top  TEST ./haproxy_test_OK_20180831/loadtest/b00000-loadtest.vtc FAILED (0.128) exit=2 #    top  TEST ./haproxy_test_OK_20180831/loadtest/b00000-loadtest.vtc FAILED (0.135) exit=2
100 tests failed, 0 tests skipped, 0 tests passed
root@freebsd11:/usr/ports/net/haproxy-devel # haproxy -v
HA-Proxy version 1.9-dev3-27010f0 2018/09/29
Copyright 2000-2018 Willy Tarreau <wi...@haproxy.org>

root@freebsd11:/usr/ports/net/haproxy-devel # pkg add -f haproxy-1.8.14-selfbuild-reg-tests-OK.txz
Installing haproxy-1.8...
package haproxy is already installed, forced install
Extracting haproxy-1.8: 100%
root@freebsd11:/usr/ports/net/haproxy-devel # varnishtest -q -n 100 -j 16 -k ./haproxy_test_OK_20180831/loadtest/b00000-loadtest.vtc
0 tests failed, 0 tests skipped, 100 tests passed
root@freebsd11:/usr/ports/net/haproxy-devel # haproxy -v
HA-Proxy version 1.8.14-52e4d43 2018/09/20
Copyright 2000-2018 Willy Tarreau <wi...@haproxy.org>