Hi Frederic,

Op 1-10-2018 om 16:19 schreef Frederic Lecaille:
On 09/11/2018 04:51 PM, PiBa-NL wrote:
Hi List,

I was wondering how to best run the reg-tests that are 'valid' for FreeBSD.

There are a 2 tests that use abns@ sockets, which seem not available on FreeBSD. Also 1 test is failing for a reason i'm not totally sure if its totally expected to or not..

- /connection/b00000.vtc
probably does not 'really' need abns@ sockets, so changing to unix@ would make it testable on more platforms?

- /log/b00000.vtc
Not exactly sure why this fails/why it was supposed to work.
It either produces a timeout, or the s1 server fails to read the request which the tcp-healthcheck does not send..

     ***  s1    0.0 accepted fd 5 127.0.0.1 23986
     **   s1    0.0 === rxreq
     ---- s1    0.0 HTTP rx failed (fd:5 read: Connection reset by peer)

This test relies on timeout values to produce the correct syslog output.
Relying on timing values for reg testing is perhaps a bad idea as the results are not deterministic.

Indeed here we want the 5ms timeout client to expire before it reads the server response after having waited for 20ms.

I propose to remove this test.

Regarding /log/b00000.vtc  i think the test itself is 'mostly' okay.

If we keep the check i do think its 'check' on the server line should be changed by one of the following options:
- removing 'check'
- check to different port to a s2 server that does not use txresp
- add 'option httpchk' and repeat s1 twice..
Any of the changes above would 'fix' the biggest issue with the test as far as i see..

But indeed having short timeouts could cause on occasion cause random failures if for example multiple tests are run simultaneously..

The test for a decent log line with a 'client timout' flag is probably something that should be tested, perhaps the c1 delay could be set to something longer to 'enforce' the 'timeout client 5' would always hit first even when stuff starts competing for (cpu) resources.?

Regards,
PiBa-NL (Pieter)