Hello,

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 at 17:41, William Lallemand <wlallem...@haproxy.com> wrote:
> Hi Aleks,
>
> With a nbproc setup, the first goal is to be able to access multiple stats
> sockets from one socket.
>
> In a more "modern" nbthread setup, it's possible to have only one worker, but
> we still fork a new process upon a reload.
> The problem is that at the moment it's not possible to connect to the stats
> socket of a process which is leaving. Sometimes it's really useful to debug
> and
> see the session which are still connected on the old process. And that's the
> ultimate goal of this feature (not covered yet, but soon :-) )
>
> It also implements a "show proc" which lists the PIDs of the processes.
>
> Regards,

Btw could stdout logging leverage some of this infrastructure? I
assume that if the master process would write to stdout
(synchronously), we would not stall our workers because of slow log
readers?

https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg17436.html
https://github.com/dockerfile/haproxy/issues/3
https://github.com/docker-library/haproxy/pull/39

It looks like in the docker world, everything other than stdout
logging is unacceptable - at least for official docker image, and I'm
wondering if the master/worker process model along with this
infrastructure could theoretically help there, without sacrificing the
performance of the event loop or log reliability.

Regards,
lukas